Welcome to my annual 10 Days Of Halloween Projects and today is Day #1. I’m starting out with this cute Halloween Matchbook with a surprise on the inside. I used the Spooky Night Designer Paper for the matchbook:
And look what happens when you open up the flap:
Isn’t that the cutest? I think children would love this but heck, maybe even adults would get a chuckle at seeing these eyeballs staring back at them. All I did was staple the two mint lifesavers under the small flap and cut out two circles with the 1/2″ Circle Punch using Basic Black Cardstock. I glued the circles to the center of each lifesaver and then added googly eyes:
Want to create this project? Here’s how:
- Cut a piece of the Spooky Night Designer Paper to measure 3″ x 5-3/4″. Score at 2″, 2-1/2″ and 5″. Fold on all score lines and shape like a matchbook.
- Slide two lifesavers under the flap on the inside and staple them both in place.
- Using the 1/2″ Circle Punch and Basic Black Cardstock, cut two circles. Glue the circles in the center of each life saver. Glue a googly eye in the center of each circle.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Labels To Love stamp set using Pumpkin Pie Ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock. Cut out using the Everyday Label Punch. Glue to the inside flap as shown in photo #2.
- Tuck the top flap under the flap on the inside to keep the matchbook closed.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Spooky Cat stamp set using Pumpkin Pie Ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock. Cut out using the 1-1/4″ Circle Punch. Make sure your punch is placed over to the right as much as possible to allow room to glue the cat over the circle. Glue to matchbook front, off to the right side.
- Cut out one of the cat images from the Spooky Night Designer Paper with the Cat Punch. Glue in place over the sentiment using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add some Black Rhinestone Jewels around the outside of the circle.
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
EDIT: I forgot to list the Spooky Night Designer Paper, Item #144610
Make sure you visit tomorrow as I show you a new project for Day #2!
Shop Stampin Up! Debbie’s Store